Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Today I abandoned my plans to do RAIN, the Ride Across INdiana, on July 17. I really would have liked to try this 160-mile endurance test, but I’m forced to admit that I won’t be ready to perform at the level I expect of myself. I know I could limp to the finish, but that’s not how I want to play it. Troubles with my road bike—it’s in the shop again—have contributed to gaps in my training that I no longer have time to address. I’m actively looking for a new road bike. Once I meet that objective I will get back into a more serious program to prepare, hopefully, for something competitive later in the summer. Race the Lake and/or Ride the Rock would be worthy challenges. RAIN can wait until next year.

Omro is out too. Mechanical issues and bad weather have really held me back so far this month. It’s crazy to think that I could be ready to race on July 3, given where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment