Sunday, June 19, 2016

Getting Into ToAD 2016



During the week that ended today I rode 214 miles, my highest total so far this year. I’m recovering well, climbing well, and I’m holding steady at 5 pounds lighter than this time last year. I went for a Medium when asked what size I wanted for my course marshal T-shirt at the Giro d’Grafton on Saturday. This was my third year as a volunteer for the Tour of America’s Dairyland race.

ToAD will make its West Bend debut tomorrow and I will be there as a fan … but not all day. Racing is scheduled to begin at 12:30 and end at 8:30. I plan to check out a couple of the mid-day amateur races and the women’s pro race at 5:20. Then it will be time for my own ride, and then a couple of hours of sleep before I get back into my nocturnal work schedule. ToAD doesn’t figure in my plans Tuesday through Friday, but I look forward to the Downer Avenue race on the east side of Milwaukee next Saturday. Not only is it a great venue from a fan’s perspective, but also it’s the biggest social occasion of the year for the cycling community in southeastern Wisconsin. It’s a great time to catch up with old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment