Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Do You Want The Good News, Or … ?

OK, the good news: today was the first 70° day in West Bend since October 9th, 6 months ago. I rode outside for the 7th day in a row and for the 8th time in the last 9 days. It was awesome to ride without thermal everything.

The bad news is that the nice weather won’t last. I’ll make every effort to ride tomorrow, but after that …



And the really bad news today is that my hours at work have been cut by 20 percent, which means my income has been cut by 20 percent. If the most alarming unemployment forecasts prove true in the wake of COVID-19, then I’ll count myself lucky just to have a job. But right now all I can see is hardship ahead. This is gonna suck. Bike racing? Forget about it. I’ve taken my 2020 Calendar page down. This might be a year with no license, no races, no special events of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment