Thursday, October 14, 2021

Grim Days

A week has passed since my big crash in Pennsylvania. I have been in dull pain and discomfort ever since. But the healing process is evident. I have more movement in my left arm than I expected at this point, and I have grown an array of scabs over my road rash that almost rivals the rocky carapace of Marvel Comics superhero The Thing.

Despite my injuries, I got through a full week of work without much trouble. I don’t know how I would have made it if I were not working from home; going into the office would have been torture. And for a little extra consolation, I didn’t miss many opportunities for outdoor recreation. Until this afternoon we were in a dark and rainy funk for several days.

I am content to be a bum for a while longer. It’s October, so there are plenty of schlocky monster movies to watch. The new NHL season has just begun. I’m reading books again after taking a break in September. With so many “easy chair” distractions, my convalescence should be done in time for raking leaves and other autumn yard chores.

By next week I may be doing fitness walks/hikes again, but I have no target date for getting back on the bike. My next ride might be indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment