Sunday, August 6, 2023

First 200-Mile Week Of 2023

This was my first full week at home since May 8-14, so perhaps it’s not surprising that it was my first 200-mile week of 2023. I finished the week with 212 miles and almost 13.5 hours of saddle time. Friday’s 46-mile trip on the Eisenbahn State Trail to Eden and back was my longest ride this year. I did the 32-mile Eisenbahn trip to Campbellsport and back on Monday, Wednesday, and again today, with remarkably consistent numbers. Why so much time on the Eisenbahn? My road bike is still in the shop. But today would have been a good day for the Eisenbahn even if the road bike had been available. Because of its mostly north-south orientation, the trail allowed me to avoid the worst of a strong and steady breeze from the east. West Bend’s yearly average wind speed of 11.1 mph is almost double the average where my mother lives (5.8 mph). It’s noticeable. I’m glad to be home again, but I sure do miss the warmer temperatures and lower wind speeds of suburban Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment