Sunday, September 15, 2024

Surprise: A 200-Mile Week!

Short and to the point.
I lost track of my miles this week. Yes, me! With the final Royal Oaks cyclocross practice of 2024 on Wednesday, the season opener of the WCA cyclocross series on Saturday, and the long drive to Pennsylvania coming up tomorrow, today I was surprised to awaken to the realization that I was just a few miles short of my first 200-mile week this year. Not too long ago, I banged out 200-mile weeks with some regularity. But I had not done one since last year, July 31-August 6. So, today I insisted on hitting that target. I finished my week with a total of 201.85 miles and a season-high ride time of 13:40:47.

I am not likely to approach those numbers again this season. I will be off the bike tomorrow, then back on the road bike for 1.5-2 hours on Tuesday. The midweek forecast for eastern Pennsylvania is rainy. I hope not to be shut out. There’s a cyclocross race in my plans for next Saturday. I will want at least more one good ride after Tuesday … and I don’t want the race itself to be a mudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment