Sunday, January 22, 2012

Not So Peachy

The training camp that I imagined for myself during my three weeks in Georgia hasn’t fully materialized.  Things aren’t bad, but they aren’t great either.  The 1-hour ride I enjoyed when I arrived last Sunday remains the only outdoor ride I’ve done.  My hopes for this weekend were washed away by rain.

On the bright side, I hit the weights on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, just as I would have at home.  I also mixed in two 30-minute treadmill workouts and three 60-minute bike trainer workouts.  And I’ve played a little basketball, just for fun.  My diet has been very solid.  I have completely eliminated snacking and soft drinks, and I should return to Wisconsin a few pounds lighter if only because of those changes.

Sunset is at about 6 p.m. and last week I let that fact keep me from riding after work.  During the next two weeks I’ll try to show more ambition.  I have lights for the bike and if I just do loops of the office park I should be able to ride without worrying about motor vehicles.  I don’t want to risk next weekend being another washout and leaving me with only 16 miles to show for all my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment