Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My 2013 Racing Calendar … Maybe

Still-not-final plans for a business trip to Nashville got a lot closer to becoming a reality this week, so I have a better feel for my racing calendar.  The business trip would almost force me to do what I want to do already: start the mountain bike season later in hopes of retaining enough energy to get through the cyclocross season that follows.  This is the plan for now, but of course it’s subject to change:

06/02 Su - WORS Red Eye Rendezvous @ Wausau
06/08 Sa – WEMS Stump Farm 100 @ Suamico
07/13 Sa – WORS Subaru Cup: Legacy Cross Country @ Mt. Morris
07/14 Su – WORS Subaru Cup: Impreza Short Track @ Mt. Morris
08/04 Su – WORS Sunburst Showdown @ Kewaskum
08/18 Su – WORS Alterra Coffee Bean Classic @ Franklin
08/25 Su - WORS Reforestation Ramble @ Suamico
09/07 Sa – WCA  Sheboygan Bicycle Co. Classic CX @ Sheboygan
09/08 Su – WORS Treadfest @ Lake Geneva
09/14 Sa – WEMS Northern Kettles Fall Epic @ New Fane
10/12 Sa – WCA  PumpkinCross @ Grafton

There will be several more cyclocross events, but the WCA hasn’t released the schedule and I’m certain only of those two dates.  The WEMS races are just for fun and training on courses that are good for me; I have no series ambitions.  As for WORS, the schedule above would give me seven races and that’s the magic number to see how I stack up against Cat 2 competition.  If I have a DNF or a really poor finish I will consider adding a race like Sheboygan (Oct. 6) to solidify my standing in the series.  But I really do expect this to be a learning year in “Sport,” a stepping stone toward more serious objectives in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment