Monday, June 22, 2020

Not A Weak Week

Sunday's unconventional route: south loop counter-clockwise, then north loop clockwise.


I rode a solid metric century on Sunday to put an exclamation mark on the end of my busiest week ever: 263.57 miles in 15:47:52. Those numbers top the old marks of 252 miles and 15 hours that I set July 2-8, 2018. And just like the previous effort, this new effort was the product of a week without a rest day.

So, you know at some point I’m going to have to do a 300-mile week now, right? It won’t be in the week to come, though, as abundant rain and an unusually urgent schedule of non-cycling chores are likely to force at least two rest days.

With the first half of 2020 winding down, I really want only the 146 miles I need to hit 2,000 miles, year-to-date, and the 216 miles I need to establish a new personal record for June. Those would be eminently achievable numbers during any other 9-day period in summer, but I’m making no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment