Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Days Don’t Come Much Nicer!


Can you believe we hit 80° in West Bend this afternoon? That hadn’t happened since September 6, and I despaired of it happening again before next … June? But it did, and it was an occasion to get outside and celebrate. After back-to-back rest days on Monday and Tuesday, I was full of energy and enthusiasm. My spirits were lifted further by the early completion of yard chores I had been putting off and by a call from my dentist with good news: my bridge came back from the lab a week early, so I will get it this Friday instead of next Friday. That will complete my dental work for 2023, and few things make a person feel as good as being done with dental work!

On the bike today, my objective was to accumulate miles and time in the saddle. I traveled the Eisenbahn State Trail to Eden and back, then tacked on a few miles in West Bend to finish with 50 miles in 3 hours, my longest ride this year. And I probably will re-do that route tomorrow when we might hit 80° again. Friday’s ride will be slow and short in advance of Saturday’s cyclocross races in Sheboygan, where I’m registered for both the Masters 50+ Cat 4/5 and the Open Cat 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment