Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Weekend Wrap-up

Training at Washington County Winter Bike Day
Would you believe I slept until about 10:30 this morning?  That’s four hours later than normal and an indication of just how wiped out I was after a long Saturday.  But Washington County Winter Bike Day was worth the effort.  There were 9 riders for the indoor training session and several curious visitors for the bike swap.  Expedition Supply and Mountain Outfitters were there with bikes, parts, clothing and other things to sell or swap.  Business wasn’t brisk, but a few items found new homes.  Pedal Moraine came through with a box of parts and a nice older wheelset to donate to DreamBikes.  And I now have several jerseys to give to the Ripon College mountain bike team, which in turn will donate them to African cyclists in need.

On Saturday evening the Washington County Bicycle Club held its annual business meeting and set its 2012 club ride schedule.  The season-opener is scheduled for Saturday, Apr. 21, in Hartford.  There are some details to work out before the full schedule can be published.  You’ll find the schedule here when it becomes available.

Late on Friday afternoon my boss approved my vacation request for April.  Mom’s birthday falls on Easter Sunday this year and I’ll be in suburban Philadelphia to celebrate with her … until NBC Sports airs Paris-Roubaix at 7 p.m. EDT.  At that point, I’m all business.  Fortunately, it shouldn’t be hard to keep myself from learning the winner before the tape-delayed broadcast, as it might be if I were at home.  And yes, I’ll be riding a lot while I’m in Pennsylvania.  I felt like I got cheated out of my “training camp” in Georgia a few weeks ago.  Surely, that couldn’t happen again, could it?

No comments:

Post a Comment