Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Revival

Have you seen the light ... at the intersection of Decorah and River?
By next Thursday I will have reached 5,000 hits on this blog since its inception on May 7, 2010.  I’ve had hits from Germany (I think Jens Voigt digs me), the United Kingdom (Mark Cavendish self-Googling), Russia (“Party always finds you”), Canada (no doubt due to my brief flirtation with Rocky Mountain), India (tech support), South Korea (spoofed IP address that allows North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il to surf anonymously), Netherlands (Rabobank wants its jersey back), Lithuania (I am to Vilnius as Jerry Lewis is to Paris), and Colombia (which for some reason wants to know how many balloons filled with cocaine I think I could swallow).

But most of my hits have come from the good ol’ USA.  If I could break them down further I probably would see that most have come from the same four or five guys.  And by now those guys have probably gotten their invitation to join a new road ride that will start next Thursday evening in West Bend and, hopefully, repeat every Thursday throughout the summer.  The ride will attempt to recapture the spirit of the old Pedal Moraine Ride, circa 2007-2009.  Even if you didn't get an invitation through Facebook, you're invited: high school parking lot, June 16, ride starts at 6 p.m.  Be there.

Now, I am not the ride owner but I have agreed to help with the routing.  My first inclination is to create a different route for each week.  Good plan?  You tell me: what would you like to see?  The rides are supposed to be roughly 30 miles long and should take 1.5-2 hours to complete.  Post comments here or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment