Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Different Year, Still Spinning

"If either of us is 'The Roller,' Liam, it bloody well isn't you."
As promised back on 12-12-12, today I began the training plan that will restore me to race shape by the beginning of May.  My 60-minute indoor trainer workout included four 5-minute “hill climb” intervals.  In the past I commonly did three weekday trainer rides but this time around I’m committing only to Tuesdays and Thursdays  I’ll do longer rides on Saturdays and Sundays to make sure my go-all-day aerobic base is solid.

For the first few weeks of the plan I probably will log a lot of trainer minutes, but sometime in March the balance will tip in favor of outdoor rides as the weather improves and the days get longer.  And whatever my training plan may prescribe, I will take just about any opportunity to ride outside at this early stage of the season.  Tomorrow, for example, is supposed to be pretty nice for February.  I think I’ll eat lunch at my desk and save my 1-hour break for late in the afternoon when the temperature is at its peak.  I can work with 37 degrees and sunny …

No comments:

Post a Comment