With only a few days remaining before my next trip to Pennsylvania, today I climbed aboard my Framed Gravier for the first time since August 21, 2025. It’s still a very good bike, but I thought it had become obsolete when I purchased the even better Scott Addict. Prior to today’s ride, the Scott was the only bike I had ridden outside this year. (My mountain biking plans are still on hold.) Unfortunately, on the Scott’s last ride, a rear shifter issue surfaced and I don’t have time to get it fixed before I leave town. So, the Framed is back in service as the “go anywhere, do anything” bike. It’s capable enough on the road–most of my miles in PA will be paved–and it’s more than capable on gravel. I hope to return to a gravel section of the Great Allegheny Passage near Pittsburgh next Thursday afternoon, and there may be some additional gravel miles after I reach eastern Pennsylvania next Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment