Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What Can You Do?

It’s March in Wisconsin and the weather swings wildly between almost nice and several kinds of awful.  Today’s take on awful was a high of 38 with rain for most of the day and sleet for the remainder.  Last week I was able to train outside, but today that just wasn’t going to happen.

I had to stay with my program, though, so I got back on the trainer for the first time since March 12 and did a 1-hour workout with power intervals.  It looks like trainer workouts for me tomorrow and Friday too.  Tomorrow’s weather promises to be even worse that today’s: colder with at least an inch of snow.  And after tomorrow we may be below 32 degrees for the remainder of the week.  On Saturday morning I’m heading to Pennsylvania for a week of vacation that will include a lot of cycling.  The weather in the Philadelphia area should be about 10 degrees warmer than it is here, which is still not great but I’ll make it work.

The new bed has not yet lived up to its price tag.  Sunday night was brutal and I’m fortunate that my training program treats Mondays as rest days.  I wouldn’t have had much to give.  Last night was better but the bed doesn’t yet feel like mine.  Everything is new: frame, mattress, box spring, sheets, pillows.  It’s throwing me off.  I’m Linus without his blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment