Saturday, July 9, 2016

Going Down?

In 2014 and 2015 there were zero sanctioned bike races in Washington County. This year there are two … and they couldn’t be more different. The first was a Tour of America’s Dairyland criterium on June 20 in West Bend. The second is scheduled for next Saturday, July 16: downhill mountain biking at the Little Switzerland ski hill in Slinger. We haven’t had anything like that before, and it’s the first mountain bike race of any kind since the 2013 Sunburst Showdown in Kewaskum.

Little Switzerland has added numerous bike park features over the last couple of years and I have heard good things, but I’m not tempted to participate. Sometimes it’s all I can do not to crash when I have both wheels on the ground, so flying through the air doesn’t appeal to me. But I get why some people like it, and it should be great entertainment for the spectators. Here’s what you need to know:


No comments:

Post a Comment