Friday, September 24, 2021

Late September Is Looking Up

As I mentioned on Monday, I am focusing on climbing for the remainder of September. Today I got plenty: 3,182 feet. There wasn’t a lot of flat road today. Check out the profile:

Today’s ride was stupidly windy too. The combination of hills and wind made for a lower average speed than you should expect from me. I’m very satisfied, though, not disappointed. And I tested a loop in northwestern Washington County that would be excellent for hill repeats. Maybe I’ll go back to it in the week to come. My goal for September is 20,000 feet, and after today’s ride I’m still looking for another 4,019. I’ve allowed myself too many days off the bike this month; otherwise I could have hit my goal with the sorts of rides I usually do. So, now I’m pushing myself and today’s ride was a big step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment