Thursday, July 21, 2022

Miles In 2022 Are Still Coming Hard

Today's ride featured some of the best roads in the Northern Kettle Moraine.
Today I surpassed 2,000 miles, year-to-date. Last year I surpassed 2,000 miles on July 3, so I’m about three weeks behind last year’s pace … right now. In 2021, I had a big July and a record August. It’s going to be hard not to fall even farther behind during the next several weeks. But September 2021 was pretty average and October was a full-on disaster because of my big crash. If I stay healthy this year, then eventually I should cut into my mileage deficit. Right now that deficit is 525 miles. I’m 17 rides behind last year’s pace and my per-ride average is 1.3 miles lower. I still expect to beat my official goal of 3,612 miles this year, but it will be a challenge to top last year’s total of 4,704.

No comments:

Post a Comment