Saturday, April 15, 2023

Never Put Away The Thermals!


I am back in Wisconsin for the first time since March 29. During my stay in Pennsylvania, I did 11 rides for a total of 300 miles. The weather was great! Today I did another 25 miles, which was all I wanted after driving overnight. I’m now at 500 miles of outdoor riding so far in 2023. Last year, I did not reach that plateau until May 14. Today’s ride gave me a 7-day streak, but that will end tomorrow. The forecast suggests an all-day rain. I need a rest, so I will take the day off regardless of the weather. With 1-3 inches of snow coming between Sunday night and Monday evening, I’m certain that Monday will be a rest day too. It’s never very nice for very long here in Washington County. You didn’t really expect 80° to last, did you? We’re going to struggle to hit 50° next week. And Cheesehead Roubaix is just two weeks away. Let’s hope the upcoming return to winter weather is the last such downturn of the 2022-2023 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment