Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October’s Big Badge Haul

From a cycling perspective, October wasn’t good for much. I spent only 26 hours in the saddle, splitting time between outdoor rides and the smart trainer. That’s down from 40 hours in September. I’m not looking forward to tomorrow’s weigh-in.

From an overall fitness perspective, however, October wasn’t a complete disaster. I did good work in the home gym, embracing my new strength training program. And I assembled a big collection of Garmin Connect badges:


As you can see, I picked off a couple of the indoor cycling badges that I identified as goals early this month. There will be more of that in November. But right now I’m almost desperate to ride outside again. I haven’t done it since last Wednesday. Remember one week ago today, when it was 80° and life was easy? That seems like a long time ago now. Today I earned Garmin’s 2023 Halloween badge with a wind-blasted walk across the snow. Just Wisconsin’s latest trick, and the closest thing to a “treat” in the forecast is the chance of a 50° day this weekend.

Despite the depressing weather, as November begins I will be pursuing at least 8 more Garmin Connect badges. I’ve said it before: they are small rewards, but sometimes they motivate me just enough to keep me moving when otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment