Thursday, November 30, 2023

A Walk, A Ride, And A Goodbye To November

With 156 walks since October 1, 2020, today these shoes are officially worn out!

Tuesday broke the streak. (Actually, it broke a couple of them.) Before Tuesday, I had gotten some kind of exercise every day since arriving in Pennsylvania on November 13. Tuesday morning featured snow flurries and high winds. Despite the bright sun of afternoon, the temperature never got out of the 30s and the wind never stopped. I was content to stay indoors, rest, and enjoy a brief visit with my nephew from Montana. I hadn’t seen him in years, as he rarely visits Pennsylvania and never visits West Bend, and as I never have been to Montana.

On Tuesday I finally got a break after 12 consecutive nights at work. My employer continues to have staffing issues and I am covering the gaps. Wednesday was another night off. I’ll be back at work tonight, though, as it’s the end of the month. In the world of information technology, monthend always means more work and more problems. Wish me luck.

Wednesday’s high temperature, like Tuesday’s, was significantly below average for this area at this time of year. As November ends, 8 of the last 10 days were below average. If I had wanted January temperatures, then I could have stayed in Wisconsin! So, I didn’t get everything I expected out of November. I covered 280 miles on the bike, did 34 miles of fitness walking, and grabbed another 9 Garmin Connect badges. On Wednesday I surpassed 200 miles of fitness walking in 2023, but I am unlikely to reach my goal of 260.

Today’s bike ride brought my outdoor mileage total to 4,246 this year, and there’s still a chance that I will reach my goal of 4,422. If getting 176 more outdoor cycling miles doesn’t sound like much, then remember I will be looking for most of them in chilly West Bend. I expect to be back in Wisconsin sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment