Thursday, February 22, 2024

Breaking The Seal On 2024

There they are, those first precious outdoor miles of the new year! West Bend has enjoyed a few 50° days in 2024, but this was the first one I could use. And even today I didn’t spend as much time in the saddle as I would have liked. In my new role as President of the Wisconsin Cycling Association, I had a 1-hour call with USA Cycling that kept me in my home office until 4 o’clock. I used the rest of the afternoon, all 90 minutes of it, for a ride around town. Unlike most of my season openers, today’s ride was NOT impeded in any way by lingering snow and ice. Even shady park paths were fully accessible. The 10-day forecast proves that winter isn’t over yet, but there are more 50° days coming soon, and maybe this year’s first 60° day next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment