Friday, May 27, 2011

I Suck, However ...

You gotta crawl before you can walk.
I will do my best tomorrow at Greenbush in my first-ever mountain bike race: 12 Hours of the Northern Kettles, race #2 of the WEMS series.  I don’t expect my best to be very good by other people’s standards.  Mountain biking is coming hard for me.  On Tuesday I rode at Greenbush for the first time, tackling Loops 1 and 2 before running out of daylight.  Today I rode all four loops, the 9.5-mile race route.  My time was 1:20.  At least I now have a reference point and I know that I won’t be able to complete more than 2 laps during my 3-hour race.  I can’t imagine doing that course for 6 hours, or 12!  Lots of racers will turn in sub-1 hour laps tomorrow.  I won’t be anywhere near them, but I’ll gain experience and, hopefully, have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment