Friday, May 6, 2011

Negative Split

I'm a little concerned about the origin of those bubbles.
As noted previously, one of my standard routes is an out-and-back Eisenbahn State Trail ride on my Giant FCR3, turning around at Main Street in Campbellsport.  Tonight I covered it in 1:58.  The trip from my house to Campbellsport took 1:04 because of a 15 mph headwind.  On the return trip I achieved the negative split I always desire on this route, getting back to my house in just 0:54 thanks to the tailwind.  Then I took 2 minutes to go around my block, finishing my ride at 32 miles with a 16 mph average.  That’s not bad; I wasn’t out to kill it.  I’m actually more proud of the outbound leg, the 1:04 that I worked.  I was faster on the way home but under the circumstances anyone would have been.

Racing Update

This week I mailed my registration for Stump Farm 12, the WEMS race in Suamico on May 14.  So, unless rain closes the trails, that will be my mountain bike racing debut.  Two weeks later I’ll race the 12 Hours of Northern Kettles in Greenbush.  (Well, I’ll race 3 of the 12 hours.  Hats off to the people who do the 6- and 12-hour races; the 3-hour version will be enough for me.)  That will get me through May and then we’ll see how things go.  Right now the June 12 WORS race in Wausau looks like a possibility but I can’t commit yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment