Friday, March 16, 2012

In With The New

Here's my new bike: a Trek X-Caliber 29er from Pedal Moraine.  It's race ready, which is more than I can say for myself.  The WORS season opener at Iola is just seven weeks away.  But most of the singletrack in our area is still too soft to ride, so I will continue to build fitness on the road.  My trip to Pennsylvania is just three weeks away and I'm counting on dry, open trails near Philadelphia to provide an opportunity for mountain biking.  Technical riding skills are not going to come easily to me.

Rec trails are firm enough to ride now, so maybe I'll get acquainted with the X-Cal this weekend on a long Eisenbahn outing.  The weather forecast is fantastic.  If this trend continues, then we should see an early opening at New Fane and Greenbush.

No comments:

Post a Comment