Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Fane, Again And Again

I got to see New Fane twice this weekend. During a road ride on Saturday morning I passed through the unincorporated hamlet that straddles Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. But usually when I mention New Fane it’s a reference to the mountain bike trails just to the southeast. That’s where I was late this afternoon and these were the results:


That’s a short warmup (too short), followed by three uninterrupted laps, followed by a short cooldown. Lap distances vary slightly because the Garmin satellite briefly loses me at unpredictable intervals when I’m deep in the woods, and because I don’t always hit the Lap button at exactly the same spot on the course, though I try.

The important thing is the improvement I am making. Today’s final lap of 25:25.5 is my personal best at New Fane this year, beating the 25:46.2 I posted on Wednesday. I would love to have a Top 10 finish in the 3-hour category on Sep. 13 when the Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series comes to New Fane, and I am now consistently posting lap times that make my goal seem possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment