Friday, March 20, 2015

First Full-Length Eisenbahn Ride Of 2015



Spring officially arrived today, though we have had very spring-like weather for the last two weeks. I welcomed the season with a full-length Eisenbahn State Trail ride. At 47 miles, today’s ride was my longest of the year.

On Monday I took the trail into Fond du Lac County and then headed for New Fane over county highways and town roads. On Wednesday I took the trail to Campbellsport and back. Now that I have gone all the way to the end of the trail in Eden, I’m happy to report that the whole thing is free of snow and ice. Some spots are a little softer than others, but the entire trail is firm enough to ride. However, the community park at the north end of the trail has not re-opened yet, so there’s no access to bathrooms or drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment