Sunday, April 5, 2020

Training (For What, I Don’t Know)

Today's ride: good enough for early April, right?


Today was the end of my training week and I’m happy with the numbers. I did 6 rides in the last 7 days for a total of 150 miles. So, yes, they were relatively short rides and they were pretty slow, but that’s not important right now. You have to go back to September 16-22 to find my last 150-mile week, and to September 2-8 to find my last 6-ride week. That’s 7 months ago. Ouch.

Tomorrow I will surpass 500 miles, year-to-date, putting me about 2 weeks ahead of last year’s pace. Raw mileage isn’t everything, but for me there’s usually a correlation between mileage and fitness. I expect to be satisfied with my progress if I’m close to 1,000 miles by the end of this month. And it’s looking more and more like I’m not going to race until cyclocross season, so there’s plenty of time to get fit.

I will be busy for the next few days, dodging raindrops if necessary. There’s a cold front coming late Wednesday afternoon and we might feel like winter has returned. I don’t want to give up the momentum I built this week, but when the wind chill drops back into the 20s on Thursday there’s little chance that I will be persuaded to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment