Friday, January 12, 2024

New Treadmill

I set up my new treadmill in the home gym today. It’s a big upgrade over the old one, as it comes with preset workouts that adjust the speed and incline automatically. Because of its bulk, it was difficult to bring in from the garage, where it was delivered last Saturday. And because of lousy instructions and extraordinarily tight tolerances for some of the parts, assembly was much more challenging than I expected. Now that it’s in place, however, I expect to be very happy with it.

My first workout was a success. I spent an hour on the treadmill tonight and everything worked beautifully. Now I probably should read the owner’s manual to figure out how to use all of those new features.

The treadmill will share the home gym with my strength training equipment. For cycling-specific workouts, I keep my smart trainer in the home office instead. I tried to use it in the home gym, but that area must be a bit of a dead spot in my home WiFi, as I struggled to stay connected to Zwift there. I have not yet restarted my Zwift subscription this winter and I’m not sure that I will. If all goes as planned, then I am 10 weeks away from my next trip to Pennsylvania. When I return to Wisconsin in mid-April, I should be riding outside regularly. To commit to Zwift for only the next 10 weeks probably doesn’t make sense. I can use my Garmin to do smart trainer workouts without Zwift, they just aren’t as much fun because they lack the imagery of Zwift’s virtual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment