Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Georgia Trip: A Photo Essay

I drove home today but I still have Georgia on my mind.  These photos will give you a pretty good idea of how I lived for the last two weeks.  The cornerstone of my "Winter Training Camp" was good nutrition.  And nothing says good nutrition like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner almost every night:


Well, it was whole wheat bread, organic peanut butter and sugar-free blackberry jam, so that's pretty healthy in the world of PBJs.  And my beverage choice of skim milk with Ovaltine was better than soda, at least.  I took breakfast and lunch in the company cafeteria, eating lots of vegetables and passing on the desserts.

The fitness center was terrific.  I was able to keep up with my normal weightlifting routine, and I added some treadmill time just to mix things up.


I didn't try racquetball or handball, but the court was often busy with very serious-looking singles and doubles matches.  I snapped this shot during a quiet moment.  The observation windows are painted in a 1996 Olympics theme.


Just for fun, I played a little basketball.  Nothing serious, though, I just shot around.


My main fitness objective was to ride my bike.  In two weeks I managed only three outdoor rides.  Fortunately I had my trainer in the hotel room, so rainy days were merely a disappointment and not a completely wasted opportunity.



What a neat place!  If I hadn't been down there for a work assignment, if the trip really had been just a training camp, then this would have been an ideal location.  I caught a bad break with some uncharacteristically rainy weather, but the physical setting and the amenities were outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment