Saturday, October 22, 2022

First (Only?) Metric Century Of 2022

Today's counterclockwise ride was a fun solo adventure.
What a day in southeastern Wisconsin! I think we got as high as 75° this afternoon, which is about 20° above normal. Of course, the warm temperatures arrived on a stiff breeze from the south, but we’re not going to complain about that. You can’t have 75° at this time of year without substantial and sustained wind from that direction. I celebrated the day with my longest bike ride of the year: 63 miles on roads that, inexplicably, I had almost to myself. Today’s metric century was my 95th all-time but my first since September 24, 2021. I took one bottle of Nuun, one bottle of water, no food, no bathroom breaks, and I never got off the bike. This was one of those “get empty” rides that I like to do from time to time, and it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment