Sunday, October 30, 2022

Pass The Gravy


Today I reached 4,000 outdoor miles, year-to-date. I had been telling people that I might stop on 4,000 miles. But that wasn’t a promise, and I’m not stopping. It’s true that I have no more really meaningful mileage targets this season. However, it’s also true that I would be cheating myself if I opted for Zwift over this:


Another 101 miles would move this season up to 14th all-time. Three more rides would give me my 13th highest ride total ever. In November there will be two mileage-based Garmin Connect achievements that might be worth the effort. And, of course, I’m still working on that multi-season goal of 100,000 lifetime miles. I want to reach 100,000 in 2025 when I turn 60, so I want to be on 90,000 by the end of next year. I’m on 85,388 right now. Any miles I can add before the end of 2022 are miles I don’t have to worry about in 2023.

Next Sunday we’ll be back on standard time and sunset will be at 4:39 p.m.  Don’t miss the chance to ride outside in warm sunshine this week!

1 comment:

  1. We’ll done. A crash in March kept me off the bike for two months. Hernia surgery in September another month. I finally felt well enough this week to get in 3 rides totaling over 100. Weather was great. Planning more rides this month

    ReplyDelete