Sunday, June 27, 2010

Looks Like This

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Before today’s ride I swapped saddles, moving my well-worn WTB from the Giant OCR1 to the Raleigh. That change and a slight adjustment to handlebar tilt made today’s ride much more comfortable than any of the three previous rides on the Raleigh. And you can see from the picture that I went ahead and added a frame pump, the same model as the one I had for the OCR1 but small enough for the Raleigh’s geometry. There’s a thin strip of rubber pinched between the pump handle and the frame to prevent scratches (hopefully).

So, the list of outstanding issues is now pretty short. The big one continues to be the front derailleur shifting, and that likely will get professional attention. And I’m still trying to decide whether to keep the Tacx Tao cages. They’re cool, but they don’t work especially well with this frame geometry and they don’t work well with my CamelBak Podium bottles. I really like those bottles but they don’t slide easily in or out of the Tacx Tao cages … it’s like the circumference of the bottles is just a little too big and those cages have no wiggle room. I shouldn’t have to restrict myself to smaller bottles; I don’t drink enough on the bike as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment