Friday, June 11, 2010

Ready for the Weekend

After three days off (and believe me: that wasn’t the plan) I got back on the bike this evening for a quick 25 miles. On Tuesday and Thursday the weather didn’t cooperate, and on Wednesday I had a softball game. So, today’s ride was my first of any kind since Monday and my first on the flatbar Giant FCR3 since the DeKalb gravel grinder on May 30.

Now I’m ready for the weekend. Tomorrow I plan to do the Washington County Bicycle Club’s Expedition Supply Ride, a metric century from Hartford to Beaver Dam and back ... unless it’s still raining at 8 a.m. On Sunday I might ride in the morning and then head to Sunburst to watch the mountain bike races. Then there’s TV: Versus will broadcast the Tour de Suisse on Saturday and the Criterium du Dauphine on Sunday. It’s going to be a cycling weekend, as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment